The PlugFest provides an opportunity for EtherNet/IP product vendors to test their product against a suite of interoperability tests with a number of other product and infrastructure vendors. The goal of the PlugFest is to provide feedback to the developer regarding any possible interoperability problems before they are discovered in the field.
PlugFest workshops and materials are provided in English. Local language assistance will be provided on a volunteer basis by participating attendees, if available. Non-ODVA members are welcome.
EtherNet/IP Interoperability Advisory Test
The formal test procedure comprises testing products for compliance to the following recommendations:
- Recommended IP Addressing Methods for EtherNet/IP Devices (Pub 28)
- Recommended Functionality for EtherNet/IP Devices (Pub 70)
Interoperability testing comprises two parts:
- Device interoperability testing, in which devices are tested against a predefined test configuration and test procedure (see the Document Library for EtherNet/IP Interoperability Test Procedures (Pub 95), including:
- EDS verification — all devices
- Network interoperability — all devices
- Common interoperability — all devices
- I/O adapter interoperability — I/O adapter devices
- Explicit message client interoperability — explicit message client devices
- I/O scanner interoperability — I/O scanner devices
- System interoperability testing, in which devices are tested in a multi-vendor system configuration and test procedure.
Devices are also tested for stated performance levels of:
- Fastest cyclic production rate (RPI) supported by the device
- Background traffic effects on cyclic traffic
For devices that achieve passing results that have a valid Declaration of Conformity (or receive one within six months of the PlugFest), the Declaration of Conformity’s Advisory Test section indicates that a product implements the additional functionality recommended in the EtherNet/IP Interoperability Recommendation publications.
Find a PlugFest, or request information on future PlugFests under Events.