Date(s) - 09/27/2022 - 09/29/2022
8:00 am - 9:30 am
Sponsor: ODVA, Inc.
Language of Delivery: English
Schedule: 8:00 am to 9:30 am each day, Tuesday September 27 through Thursday September 29, 2022 (Local EDT)
Specifically designed to help engineers starting the process of creating an EtherNet/IP device, EtherNet/IP Quick Start for Vendors is a training course that discusses product functionality, implementation approaches, product design, and testing, plus gives an in-depth review of The EtherNet/IP Specification. Join us for a special training series that will bring you this content online! Seats are limited, but registration is free for companies that are beginning or in the process of developing an EtherNet/IP device.
Tuesday September 27 from 8:00 – 9:30 am US Eastern
- Technical overview of the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP™) and EtherNet/IP™, including information on OSI, object model, object class, device profile, messaging, I/O connection types, and EDS files
Wednesday September 28 from 8:00 – 9:45 am US Eastern
- Getting started with your EtherNet/IP development, including an overview of the steps to become an official EtherNet/IP vendor, and recommendations for new developers about how to read The EtherNet/IP Specification
- Understanding your EtherNet/IP product’s functional requirements, including a discussion of device types and capabilities, defining your application data and choosing a device profile, recommended EtherNet/IP functionality, additional device functional considerations, and performance requirements
- Choosing an implementation approach for your unique situation
Thursday September 29 from 8:00 – 9:30 am US Eastern
- EtherNet/IP product design considerations, including a review of software, hardware, physical layer, and performance
- Maximizing your device: Quality of Service, High Availability, and Address Conflict Detection
- Testing your EtherNet/IP product
Seats are limited. Registration closes on Friday September 23 or when the seats are filled, whichever comes first.