Date(s) - 05/23/2023 - 05/25/2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Type: EtherNet/IP PlugFest
Sponsor: ODVA, Inc.
Location: ODVA Training and Technology Center, 4220 Varsity Drive, Suite A, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108-5006 USA
- 9 AM to 5 PM, Tuesday May 23 and Wednesday May 24, 2023
- 9 AM to noon, Thursday May 25, 2023
Registration: Open now through Friday May 5, 2023. Register via the form below.
Language of Delivery: English
Cost: $200 per person (Members) / $400 per person (Non-Members)
COVID-19 protocols will be implemented in accordance with the recommendations of local and federal governments in the location of the event.
Test your EtherNet/IP product’s interoperability with a number of other product and infrastructure vendors, and receive feedback on device performance and possible interoperability problems — before they are discovered in the field.
ODVA staff and other members of the test team will connect to the device and conduct tests as per the EtherNet/IP Interoperability Test Procedures (Pub 95). The workshop and materials will be provided in English. Local language assistance will be provided on a volunteer basis by participating attendees. Non-ODVA Members are welcome.
Devices are first tested against a predefined test configuration and test procedure. The formal test procedure comprises testing products for compliance to the following recommendations:
- Recommended IP Addressing Methods for EtherNet/IP Devices (Pub 28)
- Recommended Functionality for EtherNet/IP Devices (Pub 70)
You may choose to have your product take part in the Interoperability Advisory Test. Upon successfully completing the Interoperability Advisory Test at the PlugFest, a product’s Declaration of Conformity is eligible to be revised to indicate the product has passed the advisory test for EtherNet/IP interoperability. Devices must pass the Interoperability Advisory Test and the ODVA conformance test at the same product revision level in order to be eligible. Devices that do not have a valid Declaration of Conformance may use the Interoperability Advisory Test results if the same device revision passes the ODVA Conformance Test at a TSP within 6 months following the PlugFest. The EtherNet/IP Interoperability Advisory Test will consist of testing products for compliance to the following recommendations: EtherNet/IP Interoperability Advisory testing comprises two parts:
- Device interoperability testing, in which devices are tested against a predefined test configuration and test procedure (see the Document Library for EtherNet/IP Interoperability Test Procedures (Pub 95), including:
- EDS verification — all devices
- Network interoperability — all devices
- Common interoperability — all devices
- I/O adapter interoperability — I/O adapter devices
- Explicit message client interoperability — explicit message client devices
- I/O scanner interoperability — I/O scanner devices
- System interoperability testing, in which devices are tested in a multi-vendor system configuration and test procedure.
Devices are also tested for stated performance levels of:
- Fastest cyclic production rate (RPI) supported by the device
- Background traffic effects on cyclic traffic