Date(s) - 03/06/2023 - 03/09/2023
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Sponsor: ODVA, Inc.
Language of Delivery: English
Schedule: *Session start times vary* please see the course overview below
Specifically designed to help engineers starting the process of creating a device that implements CIP Safety functionality, CIP Safety Technology Training is a course that gives an introduction to functional safety networks before diving into the details of The CIP Safety Specification. Engineers and product managers will leave this event with an understanding of the CIP Safety technology, as well as questions to ask and methods to use when developing CIP Safety products. Join us for a special training series that will bring you this content online! Seats are limited, but registration is free for companies that are beginning or in the process of developing an CIP Safety device.
Monday March 6 from 10:00 – 11:30 am US Eastern
- Overview of functional safety networks
Tuesday March 7 – Two Sessions:
- 8:00 – 9:30 am US Eastern
- Technical overview of the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP™) and EtherNet/IP™, including information on OSI, object model, object class, device profile, messaging, I/O connection types, and EDS filesCIP Safety registrants will be automatically registered for the EtherNet/IP Quick Start. You will receive a separate Zoom webinar confirmation for the 8:00 am Tuesday May 10 session.
- 10:00 – 11:30 am US Eastern
- CIP Safety Features; Hardware Demo; CIP Safety Profiles, Objects, and Services
Wednesday March 8 from 10:00 – 11:30 am US Eastern
- Configuration; Errors & Measures; Safety IO Connections; Message Formats
Thursday March 9 from 10:00 – 11:30 am US Eastern
- Wireshark Demo; Implementation Strategies; Conformance Testing; Specification Enhancement
Register by submitting the form below.
Seats are limited. Registration closes on Wednesday March 1 or when the seats are filled, whichever comes first.