ODVA offers a number of privileges and benefits to its members designed to address the needs of manufacturers of DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, CompoNet, and ControlNet products and systems. Only members can:
- Receive access to approved and integrated specification enhancements prior to their release to all specification subscribers. ODVA members who hold a current subscription to the Specifications are sent a member review copy.
- Receive preferred pricing on classes, seminars, and workshops offered by ODVA and preferred pricing on conformance testing software and services.
- Join a Special Interest Group (SIG). These groups work to develop, monitor, and approve specification enhancements in process within the SIG. Members may choose from among all of ODVA's currently active SIGs. ODVA has active SIGs in a number of areas including physical media, software tools, system architecture, conformance, device-specific (e.g., motor starters), and vertical markets (e.g., automotive and semiconductor).
- Join a Territory Alliance Group (TAG). A TAG is an alliance of members within a geographic territory for the purpose of promoting general industry adoption of ODVA technologies.
- Advertise their CIP Networks products and services in the ODVA CIP Supplier Directory. The CIP Supplier Directory is published both to our website and to CD-ROM, allowing members to get the word out about CIP Networks products to a wide audience.
- Submit an application case study for publication by ODVA.
- Participate with ODVA at a trade show. ODVA members can participate on the booth, displaying products and literature, information panels, and providing domain experts.
- Participate with ODVA at the next CIP Networks Conference, our annual conference and meeting of members. ODVA members can participate in the marketing track in order to announce the latest CIP Networks strategic initiatives and applications.
Special Privileges of Regular Membership
Upon becoming a member and signing the Terms of Usage Agreement, regular members of ODVA receive the following extra privileges and benefits.
- A one-time, paid-in-full Vendor ID for DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, CompoNet, or ControlNet (a $500 value).
- One paid-in-full annual subscription to either the Specification for DeviceNet, Specification for EtherNet/IP, Specification for CompoNet, or Specification for ControlNet (a $350 value).
- Two free "units" in each publication of the ODVA Members Only Product Catalogs (a $1250 value). Additional discounts are available for members on additional units (a $250 savings per unit). The Members Only Product Catalogs are published two times per year.
- Ability to participate in any and all SIGs currently active in ODVA.
- Ability to participate in any and all TAGs currently active in ODVA.
- One vote for each of the elected representatives of the regular membership to the Board of Directors.
- Eligibility of employees, officers, and directors of the member company to be placed in nomination for and, if elected, hold the elected representative positions to the Board of Directors and Technical Review Board.
Requirements for Membership
- Members shall be entities, but not individuals, that are vendors who manufacture, or exhibit well-documented plans to manufacture, hardware and/or software products that (A) integrate technologies of the corporation or (B) are designed to enhance the implementation, operation and/or support of hardware and/or software products that integrate technologies of the corporation in a multi-vendor systems environment.
- Member shall continue in good standing as long as they have paid, and continue timely payment of, the dues required of them under the particular class of membership that they select as well as all other fees due for their activities related to their involvement with the corporation.
- Applicants for membership shall become Members on the date that all the following conditions are fulfilled: (a) such applicant has applied for membership, and the application is accepted and approved by the corporation, except that applicants for the Principal Member class shall also require the approval of the Board of Directors, (b) ten (10) business days have passed after such applicant has made a nonrefundable initiation fee and dues payment for the current year for the applicant’s requested class of membership, along with all other fees due to meet the requirements for membership, and (c) such applicant has executed such documents and provided such other information as shall be appropriate to demonstrate such applicant's eligibility for membership in the corporation. In passing on applicants for membership, the corporation, and its Board of Directors, shall be guided by the purpose of making membership available to all qualified applicants.
- For a full list of requirements for membership, please review the Bylaws of the Corporation.
Additional Requirements for Associate Membership
- Applicants must have fewer than 100 employees in the entity including in any parent company.
- Associate members who no longer qualify for associate membership based on too many employees or are paying membership dues based on too few employees must upgrade their membership immediately upon occurrence of this event. ODVA will automatically adjust membership dues when sending the renewal invoice if it finds that the member is in a membership class or level for which it is not eligible. Payment of these dues constitutes acceptance of the Representations and Assurances of Regular Members.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: (+1) 734-975-8840, ext. 2224
Fax: (+1) 734-922-0027